Saturday, June 11, 2011

Is Autumn Winter? (2)

Man, you know things are going bad when you have to piece together two weeks worth of posts into one, and take a third that you intended to do a special of by moving it to your main blog and writing about it and instead, move it forward to make a showcase of it here.

Such is the case here. I had to cobble two weeks worth of posts into one because out of the ten pictures that I had programmed for here, the six that you will be seeing are the only ones that met with my minimum standards of acceptability (which isn't saying a lot). As for the showcase, well, let's just say I'm gonna take a shot at writing a post that I've seen other people do elsewhere for the past three years.
In any event, enough with the bloviating. To quote Mills Lane, "Let's Get It On!"

Around late November/early December, my neighborhood overnight became one gimormous rest area for that feathered species called "The Blackbird". For those of you who don't really experience this phenomena, it really is a sight to behold. A deafening roar, a blackened sky, a blackened street and a blackened yard are just a few of things one can see/hear when these truly unique birds come to roost. I'm simply gonna let the next few pictures speak for themselves, sans captions.







Jennelle dressed up in some kind of elf costume for a recital. Or a party, not sure which.

13 comments:

  1. I love it that you have sunshine in the winter. Wish we did! And I would be very curious to know what kind of party/recital that was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter called me an elf yesterday and I wasn't amused. Now if I'd be wearing an outfit like Jennelle's maybe I would have understood. :D

    She's very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. R: As of late, the snow really doesn't kick in until late December/early November, so we have the cold sunny dry days to keep us occupied.

    I would be curious to know as well. Jenelle goes to so many parties/recitals throughout the year that its quite hard to keep track of them all.

    Joey: I'm sure she meant it as a compliment. Sometimes the shortest people have the biggest hearts.

    Jenelle is gonna be a heartbreaker in a few years. I'll have to start acting like Al Bundy in order to stay on top of things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet piccy of your daughter G:) I had to use A LOT of imagination to get the essence of the birdy photographs though:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane: Told you the pics weren't so hot.

    Thanks for the compliment about my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pics brought back the memory of Tippi Hedren's woes. haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bearman: Who or what is Tippi Hedren?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just glad Spring's here (or was, anyway, before the last couple of days), after the winter we had!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think Bearman was referring to the movie "The Birds", G :)

    Jenelle is simply adorable - and I love the two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joanne: Most definitely. Considering how hot and nasty it was last week, it was kind of nice to have the weekend finish up in the 60's.

    Talon: Gotcha. Believe it or not, I've never seen the movie.

    And thanks for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jenelle is such a pretty girl - love that costume. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynn: Thanks.

    She's gonna be a heartbreaker in a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, "The Birds" from Alfred Hitchcock is what your birdie pics brought to my mind- We don't get actual "blackbirds" here much (one about 15 years ago eating Huckle berries out the window- I looked it up)- instead we get "Starlings" n "Grackels" n alot of loud Crows this year.
    Also Martins are black, n Ravens of course.
    Usually we get the huge clouds of starlings the end of Aug.

    Janelle is growing so fast! Winning smile plus a beautiful head of hair too!

    ReplyDelete

Nouns, verbs, adverbs and adjectives of all types are greatly encouraged and always appreciated.