Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Neighborhood (2)

Welcome back to my neighborhood. Today we'll explore a wider cross section of what I call "my neighborhood". Don't worry, you'll have a good time time with me an all the gang, learning from each other, while we do our thing.


Once again, we have another shot of one of my favorite locations: Cedar Mountain. Usually when I take my walks to the post office, this particular section of time usually allows an unencumbered view of the mountain, so I take all kinds of shots during the seasons. The building to the left of the foreground, is Keeny Mnfg (the owner's of the funky water sculpture that seems to crop up about every other series). The building in the right foreground is Skank of America,and the building in the right background is the post office.


Another one of my favorite places to shoot is the front of Market Square Apartments. They always have some fantastic landscaping in the spring and summer that makes for some pleasing subject matter (and you thought the government couldn't do anything right). This shot is of the trees, which as you can see are just now being prepped for coloring by Father Nature (which is the only thing that Mother Nature feels he can handle without screwing up).

And yet, another one of my favorite places to shoot is this small grove of trees and pine trees. Over the years I've gotten some funky seasonal shots and this one is no exception. If you can recall, that orange flavored tree in the foreground previously graced the front page of my main blog, only that time it was festooned with purple and white blossoms.

Yup, another self portrait. Over the past few years I have talked about my main outdoor writing area. Well gang, here it is. I am sitting between two trees, with the mountain some fifty feet away from me. And yes, this what my side yard on the other side of the fence (which believe it or not, is state property. long story behind that) looks like in the spring and summer. And yes, this is how I carry/hold my pen when I'm in between scribbles. Remember, I suffer from this malady, so it's easier for me to store my pen in mouth when I'm writing. This was probably taken on a Saturday or Sunday, since my appearance looks so "natural."


And just like last week's post, I have no idea as to why I took this shot. However, going back to my disc and looking at the proceeding shots, the best I can tell you is that it was taken on one of my trips to Litchfield. Beyond that, not a clue. But the trees shure are purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrty and beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful ain't they?

4 comments:

  1. That looks like a great place to write. However, about 140 people die each year from choking on pens...

    ReplyDelete
  2. R: Okay.

    I'll keep that in mind should I decide to inhale my pen. For now, I'll keep holding it like a cigarette or like a bowzer chewing on his bone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like they do do a good job of landscaping in front of the apt's. easy with the pen brother

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryan: My town actually does a pretty good job overall. I guess its more of a small-to-mid size town mindset than anything else.

    Awwwww...but I love my pens!

    ReplyDelete

Nouns, verbs, adverbs and adjectives of all types are greatly encouraged and always appreciated.