Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Spirit Takes Flight And Touches The Canopy Of Life (3)

Quiet! Quiet! Quiet on the set please, okay, here we go ONCE AGAIN! Take 123!

holy freakin' cow this guy is such idiot. four million dollars and my pet gerbil can act better than him

Nest in tree.

more detail you thundering idiot! people expect more! how many times do I have to tell you this?!

An abandoned and empty nest sits in a tired and lonely tree. The buffets the tree and the tree, tired beyond all expectations, just wants the nest to go away as it's irritating a bad wart on the particular branch its resting on.

what?? are you serious with that caption? hold on...okay, apparently they like it up in the control booth.


Witchy Poo's back-up broom, masquerading as a tired broken down vacuum cleaner. Or, someone is getting ready to vacuum the lawn.

director sadly shakes his head and disgustedly waves his hand



director suddenly perks up, goes to the microphone and pushes the talent out of the way

During the 2010 Thanksgiving furlough, I decided to kill part of the afternoon by going on a hike in the mountain. This shot was taken about twenty yards or so in from the entrance directly across from the end of my street. What you're about to see with this post and the next, is a good hike ruined by a guy with a disposable camera. Seriously, I did have a good hike that day. I started from my house and in a zig zag pattern hiked about a couple of miles the stupid way, which I'll elaborate the further we go along. In the meantime, enjoy.



When I usually do these hikes, I go straight up about a quarter mile until the gradual incline I'm hiking hits about 15% (great for sledding, lousy for walking). At that point, I take a breather until I can catch my breath and get my heart back to a semi-normal beat, then I start climbing upwards in a gradual sideways linear pattern. Hiking during the fall presents an interesting challenge (and you know how I love challenges) and the above photo is representative of the terrain I like to hike in. What kind of terrain? During the fall, I have to battle dead leaves, dry trees, dead branches, decaying trees, sharp stones and rocks the size of a softball, dead trees and other assorted obstacles that are designed to create as much havoc as humanly possible.



Judging from the angle of this particular photo, I think what I did this day, was once after I entered the mountain, I made the proverbial left turn and started my hike by heading towards the local quarry. Sometimes when I go on a hike, I'll go left across the mountain for a short spell, then turn around and finish it by hiking towards the center of town. Seriously long hike I know, but it keeps me occupied and allows my mind to truly empty itself and become satisfyingly vacant for a while. Auto pilot one might say.

4 comments:

  1. R: Back when I was but a lad of my daughter's age, one of my favorite children's shows was "H.R. Pufnstuf"

    Witchy Poo was the witch that was always trying to steal the magic flute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, you’ve got one of the best blogs I’ve seen in a long time. What I wouldn’t give to be able to create a blog that as interesting as this. I guess Ill just have to keep reading yours and hope that one day I can write on a subject with as much knowledge as you’ve got on this one!

    ReplyDelete

Nouns, verbs, adverbs and adjectives of all types are greatly encouraged and always appreciated.